Glue Constraint Issues

8512   3   2
2 posts
Hey there,

I am currently working through a houdini destruction tutorial and the glue constraints one hold when there is one object in the scene. Once two objects are in the scene together, the glue constraint fails.

Attached is the file and geo, if anyone has any insight into these types of issues please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

Attachments:
HouseDestruction.zip (463.4 KB)

Josh Hakim
4 posts
I am running into the same issue trying a destruction sim in Houdini. With one object such as bricks it works fine, but when I try to do more than one object than the whole sim falls apart. I opened your scene and it is set up very similar to my scene. I was not able to figure out how to fix it. Hopefully someone can help, I am desperate to resolve this issue as well. I attached my scene file as well.

Attachments:
House_Destroy_14c.hip (1.4 MB)

Staff
727 posts
josh_hakim
I am currently working through a houdini destruction tutorial and the glue constraints one hold when there is one object in the scene. Once two objects are in the scene together, the glue constraint fails.
Josh

The points on your constraint network reference objects with names such as ‘piece0’, but that's ambiguous since there are multiple packed primitives in your scene which have that name.

In Houdini 14, constraint networks allow you to optionally prefix the packed primitive name with the DOP Object name (e.g. ‘Roof_Side/piece0’) to fix the ambiguity - shelf tools such as RBD Glue Object will set this up automatically. Otherwise, you can adjust the name prefix on the Voronoi Fracture SOP (or the Assemble SOP, depending on where your name attribute is being generated in your setup) to be unique.
2 posts
Boom! Thanks so much for your help, it worked like a charm!

Josh Hakim
Josh Hakim
  • Quick Links