Another Houdini HQUEUE question please!

15703   27   5
Staff
1255 posts
Alex Kravtsov
Problem is solved. Its because i haven't permission to login in client machine.
But i have another problem with tile render. Mantra stitch tiles wrong

Warning: //RFServer/hq/projects/Test/Renders\box_test_tile03_1.jpg does not have a data or cropwindow

Hi Alex,

Sorry for joining late in this thread but were you able to solve this tile stitching warning?

Cheers,
Rob
21 posts
Hi Alex,

Sorry for joining late in this thread but were you able to solve this tile stitching warning?

Cheers,
Rob

No, I could’t solve the problem with stitching. Hqueue renders fine, but stitch images like on screenshot above.
Edited by Alex Kravtsov - Feb. 12, 2018 06:06:59
Staff
1255 posts
Would you be able to post the job output and diagnostics files for the job that produced the warning?

Cheers,
Rob
21 posts
rvinluan
Would you be able to post the job output and diagnostics files for the job that produced the warning?

Cheers,
Rob

Hi, Rob. Unfortunately I can not because I've deleted the job for a long time ago. Maybe someone have similar issue…
Staff
1255 posts
No worries. If you ever run a similar job again and encounter the same error then feel free to post the job output and diagnostics file here.

Cheers,
Rob
21 posts
rvinluan
No worries. If you ever run a similar job again and encounter the same error then feel free to post the job output and diagnostics file here.

Cheers,
Rob

Hi, here you go!

Attachments:
job_59_diagnostic_information.txt (7.6 KB)
job_59_output.txt (826 bytes)

Staff
1255 posts
Hi Alex,

According to the job output and diagnostics file it's as though the Mantra ROP is missing in the .hip file.

Can you confirm that there's a /out/mantra2node in Positive_stadium.hip?

If not, then you might just need to update the Output Driver parameter in the HQueue Render ROP.

Also, out of curiosity, have you tried running your job with Houdini 16.5? Note that you would only need to install Houdini 16.5. You wouldn't have to upgrade your HQueue server nor clients to 16.5.

Cheers,
Rob
4 posts
Goddy McRoodt
Hey Paleo!

That is related to file paths. Make sure everything in your scene navigates through $JOB.

So make sure your pc, and the network render pc navigates through $JOB to the file path, be it your saved scene file, or texture path, anything.

So take this scenario,
you have a file server called “fileserver”
you have “fileserver”'s network drive mounted on YOUR pc as Z:
you have the same network drive mounted on your render pc as Y:

So lets say you saved your scene file on Zprojects/myscene/scene.hip , obviously when your hqueue pc opens the job, it fails fast because it does not see “Z

So the best way to do it is to use network names instead. So instead of using “Zprojects/myscene/scene.hip”, use $JOB/projects/myscene/scene.hip

where $JOB is “\\fileserver”, which is your network pc's location

in houdini, click on the top tab “edit” then “aliases and variables”, click on the “variables” tab, click on “JOB” and insert your file path there. mine looks like this:

now that you have your LOCAL pc set up with this $JOB variable pointing to your file server, you have to do the same at HQUEU.

Go to your HQUEU node and add this variable there as well.

please note, i used 3 backslashes, middle mouse click on the text “variable value” and see what the code evaluates as, houdini has a small bug where the first slash goes away and you end up with 2 which is correct. (two “\\” means network path or domain name path)

now go middle mouse on one of your $JOB paths and see it evaluate correctly like this:

please inbox me if you need some more details or help over skype or something

Cool!
THAAAANK YOUUU!!

you saved me

and guys, go to Services
then hqueueclient..properties..Log on… then set the user name and pass of the client(Same Pc username)

this was the last peice of the puzzle for me.
of course setting everything to $JOB is very crucial.
  • Quick Links