Batch Render

4170   3   1
2 posts
Im trying to do render my particles but it doesn't render.Test render shows my particles but when I do batch render nothing renders.Is there any way I can fix it?
818 posts
Hm, I did a quick test by batch rendering some particles, and that worked. Did you see any errors from the logs? Maybe the plugin or the asset failed to load during the batch render?

Or maybe there's no Engine (or Houdini) license available during batch render? The Maya plugin still require a license during batch render.
Andrew / アンドリュー
2 posts
I get this message

# RippleWarning : ignoring unknown attribute ‘frame_logic’ : ‘RenderBatch’ object has no attribute ‘frame_logic’
818 posts
Are you doing the batch render locally? Or on a farm? Are the files that are needed for the particles available when the render happens? i.e. Engine plugin itself, asset file, any cache that the asset needs, etc.

If your plugin is successfully loaded, you should see this in the batch output:
Houdini version: 14.0.346
Houdini Engine version: 1.9 (API: 20)
Houdini Engine initialized successfully.

If the asset file couldn't be found, there should be a message like:
Could not load OTL file: /path/to/asset.hda

If there is licensing error, you should see errors like this:
Warning: HAPI Error: No Valid Licenses Found
- HAPI_LICENSE_MODE unset or is set to ‘default’ meaning Houdini Engine will first try to acquire a Houdini Engine license and if one is not found it will try to acquire an interactive Houdini license (Houdini then Houdini FX).
- No Houdini Engine license found.
- No Houdini license.
- No Houdini FX license found.
- No Houdini Engine Indie license found.
- No Houdini Indie license.
Function: void HAPI_AcquireLicense()
File: HAPI_Licensing.C (619)
Andrew / アンドリュー
  • Quick Links