Maya 2015 Error : Not enough sources specified.

8523   2   1
6 posts
Hi people,

I have this error in maya 2015 when I load my asset but I don't know why. Can you help me, please ?
When I apply my asset to a mesh, it works but I want to understand this error…

// Error: Asset (ID: 2): /obj/clouds

Object (ID: 0): /obj/clouds

Geo (ID: 0): /obj/clouds/clouds1
No geometry generated!

===================================
Node Errors, Warnings, and Messages
===================================

/obj/clouds/clouds1:
Error: Not enough sources specified.
FX TD - R&D
818 posts
That message means that a node is expecting an input, but an input is not connected to the node. This is pretty normal when your asset requires and input. The moment when you first instantiate the asset, nothing is connected to it, so the asset gives this error. And as you saw, as soon as you connect a mesh to the asset, the node now has access to an input, and the error goes away.
Andrew / アンドリュー
6 posts
awong
That message means that a node is expecting an input, but an input is not connected to the node. This is pretty normal when your asset requires and input. The moment when you first instantiate the asset, nothing is connected to it, so the asset gives this error. And as you saw, as soon as you connect a mesh to the asset, the node now has access to an input, and the error goes away.

Thanks a lot for your explication

I find a solution and that's how I solve the problem (if it helps someone in the future):
- Create (in the subnet) a switch node. Plug on it an input node and box node and finally plug it to the cloud node.
- Create the parameter in the asset (in toggle type) which will can choose if we want a box or the input (which correspond to the selected mesh in Maya).
- In the Type Properties, put 0 in Minimum Inputs (in Basic panel)
FX TD - R&D
  • Quick Links