Can't see Digital Asset parameters.

4102   3   1
3 posts
Hey guys,

Just finished a digital asset and for some reason when importing it to maya, I can't see any of the exposed parameters.

Is there any option I need to turn on?

I tried putting the parameters in a folder ans didn't work either.

I'm using Houdini FX 14.0.335 with Maya 2015 SP2

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks guys.
818 posts
The parameters should show up automatically. Are there any errors in the script editor when you load the asset?

If you try a simple asset with a simple parameter interface, does that work? I've attached a sphere asset that simply outputs a sphere and a few float parameters.

If you could post the asset, I could try to reproduce the problem too. You could strip out all the nodes inside the asset, and leave all the parameters.

Attachments:
test_sphere.hda (13.3 KB)

Andrew / アンドリュー
3 posts
Thanks ‘awong’ for sending me that simple example. Since I could see the inputs of your asset in maya I decided to push a bit further and finally discovered where I was wrong.

From what I understand I was adding inputs to the instance of my digital asset instead of the digital asset itself. So deleted those and added them using the Type Properties panel and finally got it working.

Thanks for your help!
818 posts
Ah, yup! It's exactly as you said. The “Edit Parameter Interface” dialog only edit parameters for that particular instance of the node. “Type Properties” dialog is what you use to modify the asset definition itself.
Andrew / アンドリュー
  • Quick Links