[Feature request] Rebuild all

3549   3   0
40 posts
Hello!

I have been using houdini engine heavily for level design and if i could make a request to improve the workflow it would be a “Rebuild All” button that gathers all the houdini digital assets in the scene and rebuilds them, this would be useful for large scenes where you made a change to a single asset that is duplicated different times.

i can spend 5 minutes every time i need to update a whole scene that has a single modified digital asset.

thanks!
402 posts
Hmm. I can see the need. That said, I'm trying to actually get rid of the concept of a “Rebuild”. There are ways to detect an asset change and automate the update process. But I'll see what I can do.

In the mean time, a quick way to force all assets to rebuild is to save and reload the Unity scene.
40 posts
hello damian,

that would be amazing!, however in counter part, when i open a scene i have to rebuild the lightmap for all the houdini assets, i think those 2 are the only “issues” i have for now, so what i do is, i turn off cooking before opening a new scene or before entering play mode, this is, to do not destroy the lightmaps
402 posts
That's weird. I get the scene load instance but when going into playmode no assets should be recooking and so the light maps should not need redoing. Is stuff cooking when going in and out of playmode for you?
  • Quick Links