Random vop don't work correct with pcopen

2379   4   0
102 posts
My point cloud have a attribute “temp”,the value was set to 1.
And then, I use pcopen to search “temp”. All of the points should get a result 1.
If I write out the result, I can see all of the value is 1 in GeometrySpeardsheed. But when I sent this value to random vop, the output color will different!! Why?

This problem is not only happen in random vop, but also in compare vop.

Is there any idea can solve it? Thank you!

Attachments:
pcopen.hipnc (78.3 KB)
pcopen.jpg (152.1 KB)

2528 posts
What did you expect? It is generating a random color. You have converted the number 1 into a random color.

What is the goal of your setup?

If I route your pcfilter1 to a floattovec and route that to color all points turn white.

Are you trying to make all the points white?
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
8521 posts
while spreadsheet may not have as high precision as attributes so they are rounded, therefore the values may indeed not be the same, it's weird that Random VOP produces different results even when Clamp Position To Integer is checked, if you round it yourself before everything seems as expected, maybe submit a bug about it
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
102 posts
tamte
while spreadsheet may not have as high precision as attributes so they are rounded, therefore the values may indeed not be the same, it's weird that Random VOP produces different results even when Clamp Position To Integer is checked, if you round it yourself before everything seems as expected, maybe submit a bug about it

Hi Tamte,
Yes I've try floor or change to integer but didn't work. Also I set it to pos or Cd, and get from pos(or Cd) again, that's don't work, too.(but color or position in viewport is correct…..)
It's seen a bug. It only appear after do random, compare or set to other attribute(different type attribute).
thanks. I will go to submit it.

Enivob
What did you expect? It is generating a random color. You have converted the number 1 into a random color.

Hi Enivob : )
Well,I want to use this value do condition for something, not for random color.
So it will be a problem if the value don't work correctly.
102 posts
Oh sorry Tamte. round vop was work, I misunderstood your answer.
Cool, Thank you very much!
  • Quick Links