New to Houdini. Need Help

3740   3   1
3 posts
Hello,

I'm new to Houdini and I wish to use it to create destruction effects like explosions, fire, smoke, crumbling buildings, etc.

As of now, I cannot find any reliable source of tutorials that would help me in this endeavor. Can anyone lead me to tutorials that can teach me all I need to know about destruction and explosions?

Thanks!
70 posts
I've used;

digitaltutors.com
gumroad.com
udemy.com
cmivfx.com

You can find a lot of good freebies on youtube, and in particular vimeo.

Also check the sidefx website for plenty of tutorial resources both on and offsite.
678 posts
CGSociety have the best destruction tutorial for Houdini. I wouldn't even touch anything else.

You have to remember that H14 and H15 changed a lot, so all (like 98%) of the tutorials out there will not cover those changes and you may have problem with following them if you are not experienced with Houdini.
3 posts
mantragora
CGSociety have the best destruction tutorial for Houdini. I wouldn't even touch anything else.

You have to remember that H14 and H15 changed a lot, so all (like 98%) of the tutorials out there will not cover those changes and you may have problem with following them if you are not experienced with Houdini.

I'm in the same situation but in the other hand I learn the basics of Houdini, the procedural modeling, etc.

I'm migrate from Maya and now the intention is to specialize in FX only like RBD, Flip; Pyro, grain, etc.

My Houdini version is 15, not recomend this version now? More more changes respect de Houdini 14?

Many thanks
  • Quick Links