Object form Unity not working...

5985   8   0
12 posts
Hi.
I'm no sure when this stopped working. I recently upgraded to H 15.0.313 and Unity 5.3 and can't use object form Unity in created asset.
Simple copy asset that copies boxes on grid.
Added Operator Path, set Op Filter to Any SOP and copied parameter to
objectmerge in asset. screens in attachments.
In Unity I see Inputs and created parameter, can put box in it but nothing happens. I'm not sure but should field under Houdini Params (script) be empty ?
I'm pretty sure doing everything like before
And different assets (with geometry for Houdini and inside asset) are working.
Just not taking objects from unity. Same with houdini curve created in Unity..

thanks for any help,
T.

Attachments:
un2.jpg (82.5 KB)
un1.jpg (116.4 KB)

402 posts
Best way is to drag the objectmerge's Object 1 parameter to the asset interface and rename it as you wish. That way, it sets up the connection between the parameters correctly.

The script field in the Type Properties window is not needed for this to work.
12 posts
hm… I tried that already, but with no luck.
and by the way.. curve decorator from sample otls is working correctly (also opened in houdini changed some names saved and its still working
so it must by some dumb error I'm making

…will try more

thanks,
402 posts
If you just set the objectmerge SOP as the visible SOP (so skip or disable the copy SOP), does the input mesh show up then in Unity?
12 posts
I figured it out
It's template flag ! if it is set I have no geometry in unity (or its not visible).
Even simplest asset with box only is not working if template flag is set
Was it like that before ?
Now everything is working Happy

thanks,
T
402 posts
Do you mean you have the template flag on the node that is also the display SOP? (so both pink and blue flags are on the same node?)
12 posts
Yes, if both flags are on I can't see anything working in Unity.
In a little more complicated asset I can set display flag on OUT node and it's working. If template flag is on other node, it's still working. But if I set display flag AND template flag on the same node - its not working

Attachments:
not_working.png (11.4 KB)
working.png (10.3 KB)

402 posts
Ya, this is a…bug, for lack of better word. There's an option in Unity, in the Houdini Settings window (Houdini Engine > Houdini Settings), under the the Cooking tab, called Import Templated Geos.

This option is off by default because it can be expensive to cook and import all templated geometry (and also very confusing as everything will be on top of each other). However, if the option is indeed off, it means any templated geo will NOT BE COOKED - that includes the display SOP.

I'll to it that this is fixed soonish but it's also quite easy to avoid.
Staff
534 posts
That bug was fixed in H16.0.529, the display node can also be templated, and should show up in Unity even when Import Templated Geos is disabled.
  • Quick Links