I've created a simple fluid simulation that I saved to disk as a .sim.sc sequence.
My question is how do I use this cache to save out as a HDA or even to show up in my mantra render? I see it playing back in my viewport as particles but when I render I don't see it. I'm assuming I have to somehow convert the cache to geometry or something but I'm pretty lost.
I'm eventually going to be needing to save it out as either an alembic or HDA to import into C4D.
Fluid Cache Issue
2594 2 1-
- jasonsm
- Member
- 29 posts
- Joined: May 2015
- Offline
-
- Enivob
- Member
- 2660 posts
- Joined: June 2008
- Offline
Check out the Hallway Flood tutorial. It covers how to prepare fluid in a step-by-step process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQpZCxZrcA [youtube.com]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQpZCxZrcA [youtube.com]
Using Houdini Indie 20.5
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3060RTX 12BG RAM.
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3060RTX 12BG RAM.
-
- jasonsm
- Member
- 29 posts
- Joined: May 2015
- Offline
-
- Quick Links

