Problems with importing from 3dsmax to houdini

2783   2   1
1 posts
Hello!

I`m having trouble with importing a mesh using FBX from 3ds max 2016 to Houdini Apprentice 15.0.416

I get an error saying <internal> Warning(683): Invalid range specification

When i import the fbx file i only get 3 frames and cant change it back to 240 or to something else for that matter.

What i`m trying to achieve is to create a waterfall so i do need a bit more than 3 frames.

Would really appreciate if you guys could help me out on this one.

-Adrian
2624 posts
Have you tried using the alembic file format ? .

Rob
Gone fishing
1743 posts
Adrian Hanslien
I get an error saying <internal> Warning(683): Invalid range specification
Oh joy. That's an error message from inside of the FBX library itself, and it helpfully provides no information about what it means by “range” or why it is “invalid”, and it doesn't pass on any error information to Houdini, so it may not be feasible to track down what the issue is. My best wild guess is that 3DS Max 2016 is using some feature from a newer version of FBX, and we couldn't use the latest FBX libraries in Houdini 15.0 due to… crashes? It was either crashes or build incompatibilities, but I think it was crashes.

If you can save it out specifying an option to be compatible with an older version of FBX, that may help. If that doesn't work, hopefully you have some better luck with Alembic, or can find another workaround.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links