Velocity loss and collision offset in flip simulation

   3090   2   1
User Avatar
Member
8 posts
Joined: July 2015
Offline
Hello all!

I have been working on a lava simulation for the past month and I began by following the popular houdini lava tutorial by Ben Watts. For my scene I've modelled a simply environment for the simulation to interact with. So far I'm pretty happy with the viscosity and temperature variation I have achieved. One problem that I have been having is that the lava doesn't seem to flow when it reaches the foot of the “mountain”. The particles die and stop where they are. How do I fix it? I would really like the lava to flow towards the camera.

The second issue I have noticed is that the fluid doesn't exactly collide with the surface. I mean to say, there is a collision taking place, but it is offset from the surface of the “mountain”. How do I get rid of this as well?

Any help and advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Rushil

Attachments:
slope2.hipnc (2.8 MB)

User Avatar
Member
648 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
see attached…
used volume-sample for collision.

ignore the emitter position and increased gravity; just did that to hurry it up.

Attachments:
slope2_solidmountain.hipnc (2.8 MB)

User Avatar
Member
8 posts
Joined: July 2015
Offline
thanks cpb! That helped a lot!
  • Quick Links