Help, Upres Breaks Curve Force

1358   3   0
16 posts
I've been struggling with this the last two days, and I'm throwing in the towel. I've setup a curve force on a smoke sim and have gotten it to where I like it, other than it's too fast and too low res. So, I attempted to create an Upres sim, which worked when I just tried it on a small test in another file. But when I try upres-ing my file, the smoke refuses to follow the curve. I've gone over the settings and compared the files multiple times, but I can't find the issue. Can someone please guide me?

Many Thanks!

Attachments:
retime_curve_force_broken.hipnc (885.4 KB)

16 posts
And here's the file that works. Sorry for the double-post, but the forum only lets me upload one file at a time.

Attachments:
retime_curve_force_works.hipnc (876.5 KB)

2624 posts
Hi it works here, in my h15.0 file that I just made from scratch

Rob

Attachments:
test_upres_gascurve.hip (886.0 KB)

Gone fishing
16 posts
Ah-ha! I think I was misunderstanding the guides for the Curve Force, but this makes it clearer. I know just enough about smoke solvers to get me in trouble. It seems the reason the Curve Force wasn't working in the original file was because the lowrez sim Fluid Source was set to Copy velocities, which just makes the Fluid source sit still in the Upres sim for a reason I don't comprehend yet. Thank you for your help, Rob.
  • Quick Links