Smoke Object giving me an error.

3967   4   1
177 posts
Hi,

I'm following this tutorial from Steven Knipping: https://vimeo.com/162636675 [vimeo.com]

At around 28:15 in the tutorial, he has you add in a Smoke Object node inside a DOP Network and attache it to the OUTPUT node inside the DOP Network.

When he does it, he receives no errors. However, when I attempt that, I get an error.

“set_icluster”
“Not enough sources specified.”

When I dive into the Smoke Object node, I noticed another node that's not connected to anything called set_icluster, which is a Modify Data node.

(UPDATE: Maybe this is a SideFX bug. I allowed the Smoke Object mode to be modified and connected the set_icluster node to the Smoke Configure Object node and the error went away. I'm on Version 15.0.244.16 (15.0.244.16) of Apprentice, so maybe I need to try it on a later version.)

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?
Edited by reelinspirations - June 1, 2016 14:13:21

Attachments:
first-project.hipnc (595.1 KB)

Reel Inpsirations
Houdini Work in Progress [vimeo.com]
3 posts
I am following the exact same lesson and having the exact same issue, what fixed it for me was saving and reloading the scene.

Using Houdini Apprentice 15.5.480

Windows 10
3 posts
did you find a solution ?
3 posts
did you find a solution ?
1 posts
I was also following the same tutorial. I also hit the same problem at 28:15. I was using Houdini Indie 15.5.632, as that's the last version that is currently supported by C4D to work with the Houdini to C4D pipeline.

When I switched to Houdini Indie 16.0.584 and retraced my steps, the smoke object now works.

Not sure what the problem was in 15, so I'm not sure I so much “solved” the problem as sidestepped it.
  • Quick Links