Getting export node of digital asset to display in MotionFx

   1968   0   1
User Avatar
Member
2185 posts
Joined: Sept. 2015
Offline
Hello,

I was hoping anyone might know how I might be able to get the output waveform of an export node to display in the Motion FX view.

I created a digital asset that has different groups of chop nodes in which I can select ( via switch node )the various wavefrom types they produce.

The final selection is directed to the export node.

In the digital asset I can create the waveform and direct its output to be used to the desired object parameter for its movement.

This digital asset will be imported many times to control many different objects in a scene.

Currently the only way to get a view of the waveforms being used in the scene is to dive into ( while the asset is still locked and its nodes “greyed” out ) and click on the main chop node of the asset.

This action brings up the export nodes waveform in the motion fx view.

However, I can only do this one asset at a time. Selecting a new another created asset eliminates the previous waveform from view.

So I am not able to compare the different waveform settings being used.

I tried making a digital asset tool using fetch nodes but ran into issues with using a toggle switch to set the display flags of the fetch nodes.

I won't bring up those issues here at the moment, in case I can find out a much more simpler way of doing this.

So any help is appreciated - Thanks
  • Quick Links