Hello,
So I was working along with this tutorial;
http://archive.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1242&Itemid=132 [archive.sidefx.com]
In it his sphere is set to primitive then after is added a point node with Normals added.
However when I do the same I can't get any normals while my sphere is set to primitive yet if I change it to anything else like polygon the normals appear.
This tutorial seems to have been around for a while.
I am wondering if maybe things have changed?
I'm including my file.
Anyone happen to know why I can't get a normal while sphere is set to primitive yet he can?
Thanks
Getting Normal from a Primitive
3073 1 0-
- BabaJ
- Member
- 2185 posts
- Joined: Sept. 2015
- Offline
-
- BabaJ
- Member
- 2185 posts
- Joined: Sept. 2015
- Offline
I also just tried using an attribute create node in place of the point node and get similar results.
Initially when I create a normal with the attribute create node it shows up.
But when I connect it to the sweep it disappears, not just diplay wise but it seems to have no affect on the intended purpose in the sweep.
Also if I don't attach the attribute to the sweep but only just switch back to polygon on the sphere and then back to primitive the normal will dissappear. I have to remove the attribute and re-create it again with attribute create node to get the normal to show again.
So I am begining to think there is a bug.
Of course there just may be some settings in my Houdini that is giving me this behaviour?
Initially when I create a normal with the attribute create node it shows up.
But when I connect it to the sweep it disappears, not just diplay wise but it seems to have no affect on the intended purpose in the sweep.
Also if I don't attach the attribute to the sweep but only just switch back to polygon on the sphere and then back to primitive the normal will dissappear. I have to remove the attribute and re-create it again with attribute create node to get the normal to show again.
So I am begining to think there is a bug.
Of course there just may be some settings in my Houdini that is giving me this behaviour?
Edited by BabaJ - June 26, 2016 11:17:49
-
- Quick Links
