UV unwrap?

5238   3   0
22 posts
I would like to export a 2d UV map of my subD character to a file so that I can import the file into photoshop for texture painting. I don't know how to do this in houdini, maybe with UV unwrap, and I can't really find specific information on this in the help files or the web. If anybody knows how to accomplish this, please advise.

Thank you very much…
7714 posts
Use any of the UV sops to edit your UVs. UVUnWrap depending on your geometry might be a good way to start. You probably want to go through the texturing video tutorials on the Apprentice CD 2 first. To view your UV's hit space+5 to switch the viewport to UV (space+1 to return to perspective). Once you have your UV's to your satisfaction, right-click on the last sop in your chain (network editor) and choose “Save Texture Image…”. A good format to save your picture in is something with the .tga extension.
22 posts
worked like a charm…
22 posts
Does anybody know why the viewer is showing the black stripes on my zebra texture as aplha? Fast mantra renders them black, but they show up transparent in the viewer…graphics card is Nvidia Quadro 900xgl.
  • Quick Links