Houdini working extremely slow (30 seconds to create an sphere)

3595   5   1
3 posts
I'm having a really weird problem, my Houdini is working extremely slow with apparently no reason
on a blank scene, doing something like creating one object take several seconds even some times minutes
doing something like a basic fire setup (from the shell) is impossible, I was waiting for more than one hour and nothing

I was cheeking on my Task manager and the resource usage is low, like 10%CPU 20%RAM 10%HDD

It was working fine before, but suddenly started to run slow, I tried format the HDD making a fresh reinstall of only the basic, and still doing the same

I don't know what else to do, please some help
Thank you guys!!

My Laptop:
CPU i7 8core 2.5GHZ
8GB RAM
1TB HDD
Windows 10
1743 posts
NVidia graphics card? If so, please update the driver to version 378.66 from NVidia's website, (even if you have dual Intel and NVidia graphics cards). Driver versions 376.xx are bad, and a lot of people have been hitting this problem, because Windows 10 pushed an update to it automatically.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
3 posts
My drivers are 376.xx indeed, I'll try to update them and see if it works, but why should Houdini get slower because of the graphics card? this should only affect the viewport right?
I'll write back after updating
Thank you!!
3 posts
Amazingly it was the graphic card drivers O_o
you where 100% right ndickson, thank you very much, now it's working perfectly fine
9 posts
i am also facing the same issue and i am on the latest nvidia studio driver what should i do now
my pc specs
ryzen 7 2700x
16 gb 3600 mhz ram
gtx 1060 3gb
9 posts
i am creating an explosion but while taking playblast it crashes houdini after 190 frames my PC specs
ryzen 7 2700x 8c 16t
gtx 1060 3gb
32 gb 3600mhz ram
please help me with this .
  • Quick Links