Curve generation wall calculation time is too long

2332   2   0
44 posts
Hello, it is an asset for me to do, and draw curves generated metope in Unity, then at the time of adjustment curve will be very card, this location to another location to calculate the time is too long, it is not conducive to work.What's the reason for that? My wall was done by my colleague at 3DsMax.
Add: HDA

Attachments:
quXian_qiang.hda (10.1 KB)
qiang.hda (3.1 MB)
1.png (241.3 KB)
2.png (245.1 KB)

571 posts
Thank you for attaching the HDAs. I was able to replicate the issue which is that the recook is slow. It seems that as the curve is modified, a recook happens for each update, in which the texture in the material on the qiang asset is refetched from Houdini each time. Obviously this is going to be slow, but considering that qiang itself does not change when modifying the curve, I am not sure why its material is being refetched. Perhaps a node in quXian_qiang requires to qiang to be recooked as well? Something to ask your colleague or whoever created the HDA.

For a quick workaround, I suggest either dropping in a temporary Unity cube or some other static mesh into the Imp Qiang input when modifying the curve. Or turn off Enable Cooking in the Cooking tab on quXian_qiang Inspector UI.

I'll look into further if this is a potential bug in the Unity plugin when I have some time.
44 posts
seelanv
Thank you for attaching the HDAs. I was able to replicate the issue which is that the recook is slow. It seems that as the curve is modified, a recook happens for each update, in which the texture in the material on the qiang asset is refetched from Houdini each time. Obviously this is going to be slow, but considering that qiang itself does not change when modifying the curve, I am not sure why its material is being refetched. Perhaps a node in quXian_qiang requires to qiang to be recooked as well? Something to ask your colleague or whoever created the HDA.

For a quick workaround, I suggest either dropping in a temporary Unity cube or some other static mesh into the Imp Qiang input when modifying the curve. Or turn off Enable Cooking in the Cooking tab on quXian_qiang Inspector UI.

I'll look into further if this is a potential bug in the Unity plugin when I have some time.
Oh, I see.Thank you, thank you very much. I tried to make no material, but basically update it in real time.
  • Quick Links