Knocking out negative space using 2 flat shapes? (like pathfinder in AI)

   2447   2   1
User Avatar
Member
1 posts
Joined: March 2017
Offline
I have an eps logotype file Im working with in Houdini. The “O” in the eps has 2 path shapes and when I bring it into Houdini, the middle path shows as a solid. It makes sense to me that that is how Houdini reads an eps, but how would I go about knocking out the middle shape into the larger “O” shape? Maybe the answer is totally different but the minus front tool in Illustrator is an example of the result I'm trying to emulate

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 3.47.31 PM.png (528.0 KB)

User Avatar
Member
1743 posts
Joined: March 2012
Offline
The Hole SOP should hopefully do what you're looking for. Just connect the output of the SOP producing the current geometry to the input of a Hole SOP.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
User Avatar
Member
9729 posts
Joined: July 2007
Offline
Hole SOP can be terribly slow for complex shapes
alternatively you can use Boolean SOP to do the same
Edited by tamte - Oct. 10, 2017 19:03:38
Tomas Slancik
CG Supervisor
Framestore, NY
  • Quick Links