Air and bubbles again - no way for me

4176   5   3
217 posts
Hi everyone,
first of all: have a good time!

After 2 days I can't find a solution for a simple glas of water with bubbles.
Attached a simple setup - please can anyone give me a starting point for small bubbles like boiling water?
Problem maybe is the relationship between the size of the sink geo and particle separation - but?
And by the way, is it possible to have sink for the air incompressibillity without loosing water? hahaha…

Thanks for help and have a peaceful time

Detlef
Edited by winkel - Dec. 21, 2017 11:25:22

Attachments:
TestBubbles.hip (2.2 MB)

73 posts
Hi,

It looks like things weren't working because the resolutions were too low. I decreased the particle separation in the flip simulation and decreased the division size of the sink. I then got the sink bubble that you were looking for. It will likely be difficult to do without losing water. One approach to correct this is to apply divergence to the fluid to help it expand and make up for the lost liquid. You will likely find that your bubbles change volume as well. I've found that using the “Detect droplets” feature with “kill at fluid” can help reduce volume loss with bubbles.

I hope that helps,
Ryan
217 posts
Hi Ryan,
thanks a lot. That helps me without understanding the best way to find the best parameters, hahaha…
But in this small video from SideFX it seems that the water always have the same level…
Exampe with air from SideFX [www.sidefx.com]

It would be fine to have these files as examples…

Detlef
217 posts
Hi,
two weeks later and only one step further…
I ran into following problem:
1) Testing only water in a moving glass OK ;o)
Moving Glass [winkel-design.de]

2) Testing only bubbles without moving the glas. The bubbles disappear in the middle
Only Bubbles [winkel-design.de]

3) Moving glass with bubbles. What happens - I have no idea
Moving glass, bubbles [winkel-design.de]

Maybe a small problem but I find the point.

Thanks a lot for help
Detlef
Edited by winkel - Jan. 16, 2018 11:10:08

Attachments:
TestBubbles2.hip (4.9 MB)

73 posts
I would recommend enabling “Apply Moving Collisions”, use a “Min Air Region Voxels” of something like “5”. Without moving collisions, your bubbles are pulled along with the cup so holes open up. The Min Air Region allows small bubbles to collapse, so if bubbles do form along the cup as it's moving they can hopefully collapse back down. Finally, adding more substeps could help (although I still got decent results without changing the substeps).
217 posts
Hi,
it takes time, but now I see the result and that was the trick.
Thanks a lot!

Detlef
  • Quick Links