No parameters in Unity

1753   4   0
13 posts
Hi,
I'm fairly new to Houdini so i'm testing its potential at the moment. I made a small tool to test how digital assets work in Unity. However, I can't see my own parameters in Unity…. for now I just ‘exposed’ the color into a parameter, but I can't even see that, let alone the test box that it's being applied on. I've also noticed that the Houdini installer installs HoudiniEngineUnity.unitypackage and not HoudiniEngineUnity_v2_beta.unitypackage, if that makes any difference.

Attachments:
color.JPG (38.6 KB)
missing_parameters.JPG (94.1 KB)
Dest_tool.hipnc (84.5 KB)

571 posts
Hi,

You attached a hip (scene) file with an HDA embedded inside. The Houdini Engine for Unity plugin only loads .hda files, so I've saved out the embedded HDA into its own .hda file. The new .hda file works when I load it into Unity via our plugin, and shows the color parameters. I think you were just missing that one step. I've attached the .hda file here.

HoudiniEngineUnity.unitypackage is the right package name (official release), so you're good there.

Attachments:
dest_tool_hda.hda (7.8 KB)

13 posts
Hey! Thanks for the reply. I did use the HDA, thought. Just turns out I can't load them with an Apprentice License. ^^'
571 posts
Ah ok. So ya, you will not be able to use HDAs generated in Apprentice with the Houdini Engine plugins. But with the free Houdini Engine Indie, you can try out the HDAs that we ship, or HDAs generated from Houdini Indie or the other commercial licenses.
13 posts
Okay thank you, I will play around with them, then.
  • Quick Links