How to use the new Volume Source SOP to add velocity into Flip Solver?

12018   5   1
10 posts
Hi!

Since I started using Houdini 17, the changes made to volume source node doesn't let me achieve the same results:

I've used the volume source to add velocity (from a volume) in flip solver.
But this SOP (volume source) has changed in Houdini 17.

Houdini 16 was easy: just connect Volume Source to Flip Solver and chose the SOP Path (OUT volume with vel)

Does someone know how to connect the new volume source SOP to add velocity in Flip Solver?

Thanks.
155 posts
I am struggeling with the same problem
Seems nothing I feed from a volumesource into the flip sim does anything..
155 posts
I got it working.

The only thing that I overlooked was when creating my vector volume it creates 3 volumes (vel.x, vel.y, vel.z) and flip doesn't read those.

After converting to vdb and using a merge vector node it went down to one volume and everything worked.
3 posts
Christoph F
I got it working.

The only thing that I overlooked was when creating my vector volume it creates 3 volumes (vel.x, vel.y, vel.z) and flip doesn't read those.

After converting to vdb and using a merge vector node it went down to one volume and everything worked.
can you show me a screen shot to see what you have done? I'm still having trouble.
56 posts
pipecamara
Hi!

Since I started using Houdini 17, the changes made to volume source node doesn't let me achieve the same results:

Houdini 16 was easy: just connect Volume Source to Flip Solver and chose the SOP Path (OUT volume with vel)

Does someone know how to connect the new volume source SOP to add velocity in Flip Solver?

Thanks.
Hi,if you just add some velocity to flip simply,perhaps this is one of the motheds
Just add wrangle sop to custom a v.

Attachments:
add_v_to_flip_od.hip (1.9 MB)

17 posts
Benyee
pipecamara
Hi!

Thanks.
Hi,if you just add some velocity to flip simply,perhaps this is one of the motheds
Just add wrangle sop to custom a v.
thank you very much !
it helps a lot
  • Quick Links