BakeTexure Rendering white

3257   6   1
517 posts
Hi there,

I was just trying to get my head around bake texture and having a bit of trouble.
So I have an object in my scene that is rendering like this.

Then the bake renders white,

I'm just trying to render the lighting for this one object so I've left the other objects blank

Could that be causing the issues?

Thanks!
Pete

Attachments:
RenderTexture.hiplc (391.4 KB)

Staff
418 posts
Hi. You need to uncheck “Disable Lighting/Emission” (under Baking tab) to evaluate lighting. You should also un-set UV Cage Object in your attached scene. It's also very much recommended that you leave output picture in .rat format, and extract image planes to .tga (or whatever format, via “Extract Image Planes” under Images->Main tab)
517 posts
Thanks @dlee!
The Disable Lighting/Emission was the one that was tripping me up
I'm still having a bit of trouble with the actual file export though. I set it to rat and added an extra plane but it doesn't seem to write out a usable file.

If you have a sec, I updated the file.

Thanks!
Pete

Attachments:
RenderTexture.hiplc (491.2 KB)

Staff
418 posts
If you enable “Extract Image Planes” (under Images->Main tab), it will pull image planes inside the .rat file in selected extract format and put it the same path as the .rat output picture.
By default it will extract the beauty/Cf+Af plane even if you haven't enabled any quickplanes (the convenience toggles right under the “extract format” dropdown). The reason why extra image plane with “all_comp” doesn't work is because it's for per-component output and the component list is empty. You can choose “direct” vex variable instead for indirect lighting, “indirect” for indirect lighting, or simply “Cf” if you want everything.
46 posts
I've got the same issue, except I don't want to bake in the lighting. I want to render the point color to a texture file or a constant shaded texture to a file.

I have UVs and it renders white with point or vertex colors and with or without a constant shader.

Is there a way to bake a texture without lighting?
Edited by ben.andersen - Oct. 5, 2020 01:13:15
1 posts
ben.andersen
I've got the same issue, except I don't want to bake in the lighting. I want to render the point color to a texture file or a constant shaded texture to a file.

I have UVs and it renders white with point or vertex colors and with or without a constant shader.

This answer took me forever to find so hopefully this helps somebody else.

https://polygonspixelsandpaint.tumblr.com/post/169327331324 [polygonspixelsandpaint.tumblr.com]

This tutorial is really good except for one thing. Under "Output Picture 1" you have to output it as a .rat file. I was trying to do it a .jpg. This is what is in the picture, but the tutorial didn't state it explicitly so I didn't realize it was important. Further down you can choose which file you want the final out put to be under "Extract Format".

Before I did this all I was getting was a blown out white UV map. Afterwards I was able to export both tif and jpg formats.

One other useful deviation from that tutorial is that you can drop a Ropnet directly into your geometry rather than go to the output tab with I found useful for having multiple different outputs in a single file.
15 posts
StupidGameExperiment
ben.andersen

This answer took me forever to find so hopefully this helps somebody else.

https://polygonspixelsandpaint.tumblr.com/post/169327331324 [polygonspixelsandpaint.tumblr.com]

This tutorial is really good except for one thing. Under "Output Picture 1" you have to output it as a .rat file. I was trying to do it a .jpg. This is what is in the picture, but the tutorial didn't state it explicitly so I didn't realize it was important. Further down you can choose which file you want the final out put to be under "Extract Format".

Before I did this all I was getting was a blown out white UV map. Afterwards I was able to export both tif and jpg formats.

One other useful deviation from that tutorial is that you can drop a Ropnet directly into your geometry rather than go to the output tab with I found useful for having multiple different outputs in a single file.

I encountered similar problem which I did not have before.
I tried to solve it without success.

Attachments:
2022-02-04 woodTextureTester_v4.hiplc (1.2 MB)

• Quick Links