Could you please add a Heightfield hda sample in the houdini engine for ue4?

3519   6   1
25 posts
Sometimes i get stuck at the docment, if have a sample, it will save many times.
Thanks.
29 posts
I made video that walks you through the entire process.

Edited by DougRichardson - March 12, 2019 15:39:54
25 posts
Really useful, Thanks.
Could you please add the ue4 to houdini part?
For example, i use a heightfield split tile node, and i generated a landscape for every tile, if i modify just one tile, how to commit the modify to houdini and recook?
Edited by ChenA - March 12, 2019 23:52:20
29 posts
Sorry ChenA, I just saw your reply (apparently I wasn't subscribed to this topic).

In UE4, your Houdini Asset should have a section called “Houdini Asset” in the UE4 Details window that has a checkbox to “Enable Cooking on Parameter Change.” Make sure that is clicked or, if not, you will have to press the “Recook Asset” button after you've made changes.

Is that what you are asking? Or are you asking about sending UE4 objects over to Houdini to use as input parameters in Houdini (because if so, I haven't tried that out yet)?

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (27.1 KB)

25 posts
I mean “sending UE4 objects over to Houdini to use as input parameters in Houdini ”.
Thanks.
29 posts
ChenA
I mean “sending UE4 objects over to Houdini to use as input parameters in Houdini ”.
Thanks.

ChenA: not sure if this is exactly what you had in mind, but I made another video that shows how to use a UE4 landscape as input to an HDA that can be used to scatter UE4 foliage.

38 posts
Ah i see now why my inputs never worked, i made the hda with selecting the obj node, and your select all nodes inside the obj.

Btw i have another approach when i build the terrain in houdini
Edited by samuelbrunner - Aug. 12, 2019 07:23:45
  • Quick Links