Flickering UVs on PolyWire

1771   2   2
8 posts
Hello everyone,

I have a wire sim. I am using PolyWire to mesh it and I procedurally UV unwrap it. The problem is that the UVs are jumping/glitching/flickering (please see the attached GIF).

It has to do with the Polywire rotating randomly along the spline at some frames.
Any idea how to stabilize it?
Edited by shishkovdima - April 16, 2019 11:17:06

Attachments:
UVs_flickering.gif (457.2 KB)

459 posts
Hard to tell without an example hip file but i remember i had a similar problem and that i checked “Fix Boundary Seam” on the UV Texture node. Not entirely sure is that will fix your problem. It might also be related a changing number of points on the splines you are sweeping. But then again. Hard to tell just by looking at the images.

-b
http://www.racecar.no [www.racecar.no]
8 posts
bonsak
Hard to tell without an example hip file but i remember i had a similar problem and that i checked “Fix Boundary Seam” on the UV Texture node. Not entirely sure is that will fix your problem. It might also be related a changing number of points on the splines you are sweeping. But then again. Hard to tell just by looking at the images.

-b

Thank you very much for a quick reply. I am pretty sure this is happening because of the geometry itself rotating randomly along the spline in some frames. The point count is not changing. I have no attributes to tell the PolyWire how to orient properly. I will try to fix it myself tomorrow. If it doesn't solve the issue, I will post a HIP file here. Once again thank you.
  • Quick Links