Game Dev Tools not working properly

2506   1   0
1 posts
Hi,
There seems to be an issue when installing the game dev tools.
Upon installation, I get “Error: Couldn't remove operator type Sop/usdconfigure” in the Console.
The shelf exists, but the icons above the tools are not present.

The only tool available is the Flowmap tool:

and finally, any tool that I click on, gives me an error similar to this (selected the Axis Align tool):\

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gamedev::sop_axis_align", line 2, in <module>
  File "C:/APPS/3D/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.258/houdini/python2.7libs\toolutils.py", line 1380, in new_func
    return function(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:/APPS/3D/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.258/houdini/python2.7libs\soptoolutils.py", line 789, in genericTool
    exact_node_type = exact_node_type)
  File "C:/APPS/3D/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.258/houdini/python2.7libs\soptoolutils.py", line 563, in genericSopNodeFilterTool
    exact_node_type)
  File "C:/APPS/3D/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.258/houdini/python2.7libs\soptoolutils.py", line 372, in createSopNodeFilter
    exact_type_name = exact_node_type)
  File "C:/APPS/3D/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.258/houdini/python2.7libs\houpythonportion\ui.py", line 850, in decorator
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:/APPS/3D/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.258/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py", line 8560, in createNode
    return _hou.Node_createNode(*args, **kwargs)
OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.
Invalid node type name

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments:
Annotation 2019-05-22 224023.png (14.2 KB)
box.png (42.8 KB)

240 posts
Solved this offline with xFlaye, but the issue was the Use OPlibraries Files to Find OTLs checkbox in the Asset Manager, it needs to be UNCHECKED for the gamedev tools to function.

We'll be adding a check on the tools and dig a little deeper into why exactly it breaks, but in case anyone else hits this. That's the current workaround

Luiz

Attachments:
oplib.png (40.6 KB)

Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
  • Quick Links