Scaling independent viewports

4523   5   0
406 posts
I've been searching around but could not find anything about this functionality in Houdini, which seems very strange to me.

But just to make sure, is it possible to scale individual views like this in Houdini ? : https://www.dropbox.com/s/n34y2gtrox13yd7/soft_scale_views.mp4?dl=0 [www.dropbox.com]

Thanks.
1755 posts
File a RFE.
260 posts
toonafish
I've been searching around but could not find anything about this functionality in Houdini, which seems very strange to me.

But just to make sure, is it possible to scale individual views like this in Houdini ? : https://www.dropbox.com/s/n34y2gtrox13yd7/soft_scale_views.mp4?dl=0 [www.dropbox.com]

Thanks.
I feel your pain, coming from Softimage background.
As mentioned before, file some RFEs. After you file some, you will get tired and then you will get use to not having those features. Trust me, with time, you forget about them. Just dont start Softimage again, as that will being tears only and refresh your memory.
378 posts
I never stopped using SI and the only tears I get in my eyes are coming from when I see how far behind all other tools still are usability-wise….
1755 posts
Yep. I never learned if there was a mastermind behind xsi's interface and ux or was the emergent result of a team effort.

Believe it or not, despite the fact I'm constantly pummeling on sidefx's low interest in this area (probably less frequently than you as of recently lol), I got an xsi taste after the object / pivot align and volatile pivot has been sorted out. Right now it's the best tool/workflow I've come across in all the 3d programs I've tested or worked with.

I had to go to the ground with Scott (sorry, Scott ) to get something out of it, but it turned out marvelous. I only hope that it'll benefit from a bit more exposure somehow in 18, so more peolple learn about and benefit from it. It has XSI's DNA in it, but evolved.
Edited by anon_user_89151269 - Sept. 4, 2019 23:25:03
4189 posts
Until the viewports are scalable some addional options in the menu would be nice, like one of the windows being 2/3 the size. It doesn't help that the current options are all split down the middle.

What would be good is if we could edit those values too somewhere
  • Quick Links