OpenGL ROPFetch and 'no attribute UI' error

2717   4   1
86 posts
Trying to get an OpenGL ROP working consistently with a ROPFetch, but keep getting bunches of this error:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ui'
The pattern seems to be that the node generates X number of files, hits something that causes this error, then slows to a crawl.

If I dirty and recook the node, it recognizes the finished files on disk then does another group quickly, then hits this error again. Wash, rinse, repeat through 4,000 frames. Was hoping to use the OpenGL ROP for speedy iteration, but the errors are slowing it to a crawl.

I should add that it looks like all the files are eventually written correctly, but the python script seems to get into a weird state about certain frames as the batch render progresses.

Anyone know what's up here?

mC
Edited by MoltenCrazy - June 11, 2019 04:11:17
86 posts
Apologies for the self-bump, but any advice from the SFX staff? This pretty much kills OpenGL as a render option in PDG for me…
Staff
387 posts
Hi there,

I haven't been able to reproduce this problem. Are you able to post a test .hip file for us to debug?

A few other questions:

1. What operating system are you using?
2. Which build of Houdini are you using?

Thank you!
86 posts
Hey, Brandon…thanks for responding.

Yikes…that was sloppy. H 17.5.258 on Win 10.

I was just stopping back to update the thread. Did some tests with my houdini.env file and have found that removing Reshift seems to fix the problem. Have a post over on the RS boards to see if they have any ideas.

Any chance you're able to see if this replicates in a 17.5.258 session with Reshift 2.6.42 installed?

And this is occurring in a ‘clean’ file, i.e. one that shouldn't have any RS nodes. I was hitting in a personal file when I first posted, but now I'm also hitting the error in the WedgeGeometry.hip file from the PDG launch presentation.

File is attached.

Attachments:
WedgeGeometry.hip (904.9 KB)

86 posts
This is confirmed fixed in Redshift 2.6.43, released today.

mC
Edited by MoltenCrazy - June 13, 2019 11:14:38
  • Quick Links