@id attribute with copy stamp (point change number during simulation)

2750   2   0
22 posts
Hi guys,
I'm trying to copy stamp a bunch of different object on points created by a particle simulation.
Unfortunatelly the particles dies during the simulation, and this cause a change in the particles number.
The result is a glitchy and randomic change in the object copied on the particles.

I know that probably the solution is the use of the @id attribute, but i can't really figure out how to use it in this situation, inside a copy stamp.

I attached a .hip file explaining my problem.

thanks in advice for any help

Attachments:
particles_issue.hip (704.3 KB)

336 posts
I prefer to set copy stamp attributes on the points/particles themselves and reference that in the copy SOP, it's more controllable and predictable. Also, a lot of the erratic motion you're getting is coming from the transforms you have on your copy geo, but I'm not sure what you're after. The enclosed file is how I would go about it, I hope it's helpful

Attachments:
particles_issue_fix.hip (1.2 MB)

22 posts
AndyW
I prefer to set copy stamp attributes on the points/particles themselves and reference that in the copy SOP, it's more controllable and predictable. Also, a lot of the erratic motion you're getting is coming from the transforms you have on your copy geo, but I'm not sure what you're after. The enclosed file is how I would go about it, I hope it's helpful

It works !!!
Thank you so much Andy !
  • Quick Links