Terrain parameters keep going back to an older version of the terrain, and collision not update when changing size in unreal

1819   3   0
38 posts
Hi,

Screen 1-2 : I have set my terrain size to 3000, however it keep reverting to oldest parameters

Other bug

Screen 3: If i change the terrain size in unreal and rebuild the asset, the terrain collision is not updated and stay at the old place.
Edited by samuelbrunner - Aug. 10, 2019 09:05:28

Attachments:
terrain_size.png (527.3 KB)
terrain_size02.png (1.3 MB)
terrain_collision.png (1.1 MB)

38 posts
I think it has something to do with the erosion node, i have to recalculate it each time i change the resolution or the terrain size
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

Yeah, that issue is likely caused by the Erosion's cached simulation:

Since erosion is a very costly process, by default the erosion node will cache its result, there's two ways you could avoid that:

- manually force the node to resimulate by pressing the “reset simulation” button (you can promote it on your hda), this would allow you to control when to rerun the full erosion after changing parameters on your HDA.

- you can also turn off “cache simulation” in the simulation tab of the hf_erode node, this will remove all caching, and the erosion will recook everytime it's dirtied.
38 posts
Thank alot
  • Quick Links