Game Dev Gaea Node not finding exe?

3761   6   0
37 posts
Hey all, I was trying to get up and running with the new game dev Gaea node. I gave it my install path to the local gaea .exe but it throws python errors saying it cannot find the installation? Is anyone else seeing this? Anyone have it up and running?

Thanks!
Pete
2 posts
I am having this issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KyMvYkPKdI&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2AKOYVc8fTU8Q-UONn26VKWg4-Fpr92vAkuY3j9Dh6tjQVeCNebHIDOw0 [www.youtube.com]
Following this walkthrough but, whereas this guy gets parameters updated, nothing is recognised for me.
2 posts
Looks like you only path to the directory, not the gaea.exe. Still getting errors while attempting to cook though.
109 posts
I am having this same problem.

Error: Cannot Find Gaea at specified location.

Looks like I bought a license for nothing… lol, at least until this gets sorted out.
240 posts
Hi there,

Sorry for the delay on the response. This has been fixed as we now use the registry to find the .exe.

Please let us know if you're still having this issue.
Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
4 posts
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<stdin>”, line 1, in <module>
File “opdef:/labs:op/gaea_tor_processor::3.0?PythonModule”, line 22, in ProcessTor
File “opdef:/labs:op/gaea_tor_processor::3.0?PythonModule”, line 10, in GetGaeaRegistryInstall
Error: Cannot Find Gaea installed.

but my gaea good running
4 posts
lkruel
Hi there,

Sorry for the delay on the response. This has been fixed as we now use the registry to find the .exe.

Please let us know if you're still having this issue.
  • Quick Links