collision on vellum

3165   5   1
43 posts
Hello Everybody

There is a way to exclude some points on my dynamic object to collide with the colliders?
and make it dynamically?

for example, sometime I have a groom or a cloth with interceptions problem, I would like to deactivate the collisions of those strands or mesh in some frames.

Thanks you
Gerardo Castellanos
www.gerardocastellanos.com
8551 posts
you can set i@disableself and/or i@disableexternal attributes on individual vellum points to 1 to exclude those from collisions

also you can set them to 2 to initially exclude them, but once solver is able to resolve them it will turn collisions back on automatically
Edited by tamte - Oct. 29, 2019 11:42:25
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
43 posts
Nice!… thanks you so much!
Gerardo Castellanos
www.gerardocastellanos.com
7 posts
Hey Tomas,

Is there something else I can set to tell the solver to switch back collisions when possible ?
Set my attributes to 2 so they are disabled on the first frame but they never turn back on again.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,
Steven
Edited by dupuy.s - Sept. 9, 2020 19:08:25
8551 posts
dupuy.s
Hey Tomas,

Is there something else I can set to tell the solver to switch back collisions when possible ?
Set my attributes to 2 so they are disabled on the first frame but they never turn back on again.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,
Steven
there needs to be at least 1 point of the connected patch outside of the collision with it enabled, otherwise 2's will never be enabled automatically, since it needs to know that it crossed to correct side of the collider and without any hint which one is the correct one it wouldn't know, at least that's my observation
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
7 posts
That makes sense, thanks
  • Quick Links