Unreal Engine +H18 on mac os catalina

2174   3   2
100 posts
I'm running Houdini 18 Indie + Unreal Engine 4.23, unreal found Houdini Engine but each time I put an HDA in tthe viewport I have this error

Any idea ?

Attachments:
Capture d'écran 2020-01-08 00.13.50.png (116.5 KB)

- David
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

It does sound like the plugin is failing to find your houdini install folder.
What you can do is got to projects settings > houdini engine, then enable “use custom houdini location”.
You can then set your houdini binary directory (the one that contains the dylib) under custom houdini location.

Are you using a “regular” install of Houdini Indie? a steam install?
100 posts
dpernuit
Hi,

What you can do is got to projects settings > houdini engine, then enable “use custom houdini location”.
You can then set your houdini binary directory (the one that contains the dylib) under custom houdini location.

it's a regular Hindie, last daily build, even with your solution it doesn't work, I've search for libHAPIL.dylib and nothing is found on my hardrive, so I made a clean install reinstalling everything and always the same issue ??? Do you think it's a problem with MacOS Catalina (only 64bits) ?
- David
100 posts
dyts
dpernuit
Hi,

it's a regular Hindie, last daily build, even with your solution it doesn't work, I've search for libHAPIL.dylib and nothing is found on my hardrive, so I made a clean install reinstalling everything and always the same issue ??? Do you think it's a problem with MacOS Catalina (only 64bits) ?

Attachments:
Capture d'écran 2020-01-09 17.15.42.png (1.5 MB)
Capture d'écran 2020-01-09 17.16.31.png (1.6 MB)

- David
  • Quick Links