Houdini user interface explodes on launch

1248   3   0
24 posts
Heyo guys and gals!

I recently installed Houdini 17.5 on my dell xps laptop for quick testing of small setups etc. However when I launch the application the user interface is.. Unreadable at best, but mostly I would just describe it as completely exploded and unusable. I haven't had any issue with other software, even other 3d software and I can't find any sign that my drivers are not up to date.

I've tried to restart Houdini a few times as well as changing the layout to force the interface to refresh but neither seem to have helped. Changing the layout does update the UI but the default one was the most usable one in terms of how broken it was, so no help there.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks for the read!
Edited by underscoreus - Feb. 5, 2020 23:22:54

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (420.3 KB)

2534 posts
Your computer may not meet the minimum requirements to run Houdini.

Up top, review the System Requirements under the “Support” menu above.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
Staff
5158 posts
There's a bug in the Intel drivers that caused this. It was fixed last month, so try updating the graphics driver.
24 posts
twod
There's a bug in the Intel drivers that caused this. It was fixed last month, so try updating the graphics driver.

Hey twod,
Just asking to be sure, but when you say last month do you literally mean January of 2020? Cause if so I guess I am out of luck. Dell's latest release for the graphics driver was in November 2019.
(Trying to run this on a dell xps 9320 btw, realize I forgot to mention that.)

Thanks for the reply and insight though!
  • Quick Links