Using plugin on production floor?

5997   1   0
2 posts
Hi, I was looking for installing the 3dsmax plugin on a team of artists, the goal is simple, they use my hda inside 3dsmax, We are very limited in Houdini core licence but we a have enough Engine licence for the team. So far so good, but after many research, it look like the only way to install the plugin is going through a full Houdini install… it work, but I would like to avoid to install the full software to everyone, it seam a problem for IT team at my studio. So, when I try to install only the Houdini engine, it not give me the option to install the plugin. Someone have a clue or solution for this annoying problem ?
Staff
387 posts
There are instructions here for installing a Houdini Engine only setup: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/hengine/_h_a_p_i__integration.html#HAPI_Integration_EngineInVersionControl [www.sidefx.com]

Just to note, the 3ds Max plugin will not pull a Houdini Core license when Houdini Engine licenses are available. In your case, since you have enough Engine licenses for the team, the plugin should only ever pull an Engine license.
Edited by BrookeA - April 29, 2020 20:44:01
  • Quick Links