Real Flow Plugins for Houdini on Fedora Core 64bit

3721   4   2
153 posts
Hi Folks,

Has anybody compiled for 64bit Machines?
If so would you be willing to share the spoils?
If not, since the code for linux 32bit is available,
perhaps directions or theory on how to do so?

Seems like there isn't anybody “officially supporting” these plugins anymore, but the machines/software keep getting bigger and faster!

Thanks,
avid
1390 posts
they are still supported by the author, I think. He reports from time to time new compilation. If there is no 64bit Houdini on Fedora why you need 64bit plugins? The only 64bit version of Houdini is one for Debian…

or I'm wrong?

sy.
543 posts
davidmarcus
Hi Folks,
Seems like there isn't anybody “officially supporting” these plugins anymore, but the machines/software keep getting bigger and faster!
Yes indeed that's true. It was (yet another) freeware project which I just don't have time for anymore, so anyone in the Houdini community may continue to support them if they want. Please share the work with the rest of the community; good Karma, good Mojo

–Mark
========================================================
You are no age between space
153 posts
SYmek wrote:
If there is no 64bit Houdini on Fedora why you need 64bit plugins? The only 64bit version of Houdini is one for Debian…"

The Debian version runs fine on the Fedora Core versions as well as other versions of Linux.

1390 posts
O, I didn't know that! Cool! Is that mean that memory allacation limit of 32bit apps. doesn't apply to Debian-Houdini? If so I fill like an idiot since for months I'm struggling with heavy scenes on 64bit machines/64Fedora and 32bit Houdini… :shock: ops:
  • Quick Links