Does UWP hololens platform not compatible with HouEngine?

2422   3   0
20 posts
Hi everyone.

I ‘m actually building my knowledge on Houdini engine. And recently have to test building a project on earlier version of unity and working on Hololens app.

Apparently as long as i’m switching the platform from Windows to Hololens, Houdini Engine stopped working.

Things is not apparently compatible.

Don't know what to do to get the compatible Houdini Engine for Unity 2017.4.XX and Hololens. Can you help me ?

Best regards.

i've edit that topic, as i've recreated the project from scratch and the Project issue was gone, but the compatibility with Hololens platform isn't working.

Houdini 18.0.460
Houdini Engine 3.3.5
Unity 2017.4.24f1

Edited by smoluck - June 10, 2020 20:57:42

Attachments:
HouEngine_Unity_Hololens_Error.jpg (124.5 KB)

20 posts
Hopefully i tested on last LTS release of Unity and it worked (apparently) Got to test with a build soon.

Software:
Houdini 18.0.460
Houdini Engine 3.3.5
Unity 2019.4.0f1
Project settings:
UWP (Universal Windows Platform)
URP (Universal Render Pipeline)

Does anyone have done this before ?
571 posts
I just tried with UWP on Unity 2019.4.0f1 and I get no errors. The error you are seeing has to do with .Net 4. If you are still getting the error, you can just comment out the code in HEU_PluginStorage.cs lines 138 to 152. This fixes issues with certain language locales causing problems (such as Spanish). So if you are using English locale you don't need this code to run.
20 posts
Thanks a lot @seelan for the feedback.

Exited to see some test soon inside Hololens app, when i will integrate that.

cheers
  • Quick Links