VAT: Error rendering child

5732   3   1
29 posts
I'm on Houdini 18.0.460 Indie and I'm trying out the labs game stuff. I'm in the demo scene for vertex animation textures and the VAT ROP doesn't seem to work. I just get his error:

Error rendering child: /out/soft_unity/render_mesh_fbx

My toolset release is set to 494, but I was also getting this error with 460. I'm using this file specifically: https://github.com/sideeffects/SideFXLabs/blob/Development/hip/vertex_animation_textures_demoscene.hip [github.com]

Any ideas? Thanks!
Edited by borbs727 - June 11, 2020 17:26:44
394 posts
Are you sure you're using Indie and it's not loading a non-commercial license? That error generally appears when trying to export an fbx with an apprentice license.
1 posts
mikelyndon-sesi
Are you sure you're using Indie and it's not loading a non-commercial license? That error generally appears when trying to export an fbx with an apprentice license.

Hello mikelyndon-sesi,
Do you mean that Houdini GAME DEVELOPMENT TOOLSET is only available for Indie version ? I'm trying to experiment with VAT but I'm getting a similar error message as Borbs27

Attachments:
Attachment.png (114.1 KB)

3 posts
I actually have the same issue, this only happens when i export Rigid body tho.
I know this is an old post and sorry for resurrecting this but im going a bit crazy debugging this.
Did you find a fix for this ?
  • Quick Links