Using Houdini 18 on iMac,wierd problem

1590   3   0
138 posts
I'm using the newst iMac(upgrade to 40GB RAM and 512GB SSD) to try Houdini 18.0.460 Apprentice,but when i create nodes,even a simple box,there will be 1-2 seconds delay,this drives me crazy!

To compare,creating nodes on my old Macbook pro is very smooth,WHY?
Edited by wanglifu - June 16, 2020 02:53:33
636 posts
Please make a bug report: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/25347/ [www.sidefx.com]
833 posts
Houdini Apprentice has a node-delay instancing issue that has been reported by myself and others, and which for some reason SideFX continues to ignore. Not sure why, considering that Apprentice is supposed to be the “gateway drug” for buying a full version of Houdini, so it would make the most sense that Apprentice run smoothly.

Launch times are also crazy slow with Apprentice, and apparently the issue isn't limited to OSX as some Windows users have also reported similar issues.

Someone mentioned enabling File Sharing in the OSX Network settings, but in my tests this didn't yield any speedier results.

All I can say is that Houdini Indie is as quick as one would expect, so the issue does appear to be limited to the Apprentice version.
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
138 posts
Midphase
Houdini Apprentice has a node-delay instancing issue that has been reported by myself and others, and which for some reason SideFX continues to ignore. Not sure why, considering that Apprentice is supposed to be the “gateway drug” for buying a full version of Houdini, so it would make the most sense that Apprentice run smoothly.

Launch times are also crazy slow with Apprentice, and apparently the issue isn't limited to OSX as some Windows users have also reported similar issues.

Someone mentioned enabling File Sharing in the OSX Network settings, but in my tests this didn't yield any speedier results.

All I can say is that Houdini Indie is as quick as one would expect, so the issue does appear to be limited to the Apprentice version.

yes,that's the truth.
  • Quick Links