poly help

4461   6   2
17 posts
i need tutorials for polys please! (not avi/wmv, but pictures would be nice)
201 posts
Zopiac
i need tutorials for polys please! (not avi/wmv, but pictures would be nice)

If you just google, you'll probably find lots of info out there. Here's one result I thought might be interesting:

http://plone.joetainment.com/Plone/thecgtextbook/understandingComputerGraphics [plone.joetainment.com]

Good luck!
Cheers,
Rob
Digital Supervisor | Stargate Studios Toronto
17 posts
uhhhhh……i don't get that website? i cannot find the tutorials and stuff… :?
201 posts
Zopiac
uhhhhh……i don't get that website? i cannot find the tutorials and stuff… :?

Do you mean that you cannot access the web page or you don't understand what's on the page? The link I provided should indicate that it's the theory of polygon modelling. It's a good way to get some basics.
Cheers,
Rob
Digital Supervisor | Stargate Studios Toronto
17 posts
well i c the theory thing but i dont see hoe that would help :?
28 posts
I think that the purpose of the above link was to inform about the real basics of polygon editing. It explained a bit about what polygons are made of, and the vocabulary that is used to describe them. The terminology is pretty much identical across most 3D Suites.

Since this doesn't seem to be what you're looking for, could you be a little more specific about what you're after? Poly modelling is a pretty big topic. Are you just after some introductory tutorials covering Houdini's polygon workflow and operators? Perhaps something more esoteric (and complex), such as how to procedurally model a snowflake from a hexagon?
17 posts
Sry…yeah, i could have beeen more precise, definately.

I was looking for a tutorial to make random/other shapes(like creatures, weapons, etc.) so that i can start working on game graphic temmplates like to make characters, or even just to make graphics, like a (realistic) guy hammering a nail into a book shelf(currently a floating hammer and nail, next to a book shelf resting on ground; would be nice to have a person there to make it better).

That's what i need help on. I saw a tutorial, not sure on which subject, but it was of a dinosaur-thing being made. If you know about that, i need that type of thing.

(to be more precise )
  • Quick Links