Arnold not respecting Purpose

1985   3   1
41 posts
I'm setting up a scene with both arnold and karma shaders. We have proxy and render mesh assets and I'm using the purpose to specify which one to render and which one is viewed in the viewport.

It seems that Arnold ignores this completely and will render both proxy and render meshes no matter what's specified in the render settings.

Anyone else had this issue?

Cheers
260 posts
danwnewlands
I'm setting up a scene with both arnold and karma shaders. We have proxy and render mesh assets and I'm using the purpose to specify which one to render and which one is viewed in the viewport.

It seems that Arnold ignores this completely and will render both proxy and render meshes no matter what's specified in the render settings.

Cheers

I've already sent a bug request for that. Purpose seems to be bugged.
41 posts
guilhermecasagrandi
danwnewlands

Cheers

Would you say its a sidefx bug or something on Arnolds side?
260 posts
danwnewlands
guilhermecasagrandi
danwnewlands

Cheers

Would you say its a sidefx bug or something on Arnolds side?

I can't say. In the py3 build, the purpose and visibility are already showing problems in the viewport. In the renderer (karma) is not stable too...
  • Quick Links