Flip sim issue due to possible change of collider VDB sign

978   0   1
81 posts
Hello guys,

I am having this shape growing. Within it, I am generating fluid, and ultimately, I'd like to make it squirt out of it. So in the beginning, the water was leaking, I made my proxy volume collision thicker and it worked (but it changes the shape of the liquid, it doesn't really match the initial geometry anymore but at least, it doesn't leak). I couldn't make it work with a thinner, high res VDB. Because the collision geometry is hollow, and the liquid is generated inside, I had to click on the 'invert sign' parameter to make it work, on the static object.

My issue now is that this collider VDB is opening at the top at some point, and this is where I see my liquid freeze, it stops filling, and it gets really slow. When I visualize collision geometry (that thing in purple) in the flip object, I see it reversing itself at that precise moment.

So I guess the issue comes from the sign inverting itself. I have no idea how to fix this. I could change the shape of my flower so it is never closes, but well, is there another solution?

Hope I was clear enough. I have attached the hip file in case.

If you have anything for me to try, that would be great. I am completely lost at this point.

Thanks!
Edited by anbt - July 17, 2021 07:54:59

Attachments:
test_liquid_inside_vdb.hip (2.4 MB)
Screenshot 2021-07-17 125218.jpg (36.9 KB)
yq06xvusbka71.jpg (533.4 KB)

• Quick Links