Questions about a 10k Random Characters output setup

1997   5   1
9 posts
Hi magicians,

I'm developing a system that needs to output 10.000 different characters.

I will have some different character poses as imputs, as well as some assets (hats, glasses, etc).

I made a quick setup to test it, where I mainly use switchs and expressions:

This kinda works for small amounts, but I need to figure certain things that would love to hear any thoughts on how to achieve them:

1) With my switch/expression setup, I have random outputs, but how can I define that none of them will be equal?

2) How can I set the setup, to be able to export "only 100 over 10.000 of them with hats"

3) How can I avoid (I guess if/else but im not good at vex) for example: If we have a brown hat, don't output a brown background.

Thank you!

Cheers
Edited by EzequielGrand - Sept. 15, 2021 14:23:09

Attachments:
bunnies.jpg (1018.8 KB)

48 posts
Have you experimented with TOPs ? you could very easily output as many variation as you want using the wedge node, and use the various filtering tool to delete any variation that would conflict with each other using simple expression.
9 posts
SciMunk
Have you experimented with TOPs ? you could very easily output as many variation as you want using the wedge node, and use the various filtering tool to delete any variation that would conflict with each other using simple expression.

Hey SciMunk, havent played with TOPS/PDG yet but I thought that might be the way, will start watching some tutorials, if you have any good one to recommend is more than welcome.

Thank you!
48 posts
the pdg core concept webinar from sidefx should be pretty good start : https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/pdg-core-concepts/ [www.sidefx.com]

I tried to put a very simple exemple based on your description of what you want, there is a lot of different way to generate random variation of thing, but consider that each wedge is gonna generate X amount of new task for each task from the precedent wedge, and with just a few of them chained together, you can easily get to thousand of hundred of unique variation.

I used random color value in the exemple, but if you wanted to make sure you don't have 2 identical color for the background and hat, you'd probably want to create a pool of color and reference them by their id, and then use a "filter by expression" to remove any task that have the same color reference for both the background and the hat color.
it would be slightly more complicated to compare 2 different color and remove the one that match but you could probably do that with a python node.
Edited by SciTheSqrl - Sept. 16, 2021 16:31:27

Attachments:
top_example.hiplc (412.2 KB)

9 posts
Hey SciMunk

Thanks for the webinar! gonna watch it tonight, been watching some from Entagma and I'm already loving it!

And thanks for the example scene, appreciate your time doing it, will download and study it, you rock!

Cheers!
4 posts
This is awesome! Can you provide a basic breakdown of how you varied the shader on each character using PDG?
  • Quick Links