How to export groom attributes to Unreal?

5312   5   1
4 posts
Hello everyone!

Does anybody know how to export these two attribute with guides,when you export groom to Unreal?
  1. groom_closest_guides
  2. groom_guide_weights

I know it's not necessary, but I'd like to know how to make it work.

edit:
I guess groom_closest_guides = Influence Radius, groom_guide_weights = Influence Decay.
am I right?
Edited by Under_Pressure - Jan. 20, 2022 02:04:18

Attachments:
Snipaste_2022-01-20_14-32-35.png (14.7 KB)

4 posts
I also tried to export groom attribute 'uv'('groom_root_uv' in unreal) through + or as different combinations to unreal.

it's not working at all.
Staff
99 posts
Under_Pressure
I also tried to export groom attribute 'uv'('groom_root_uv' in unreal) through + or as different combinations to unreal.

it's not working at all.

Have you tried Labs Unreal Groom Export SOP? It's new. Came out last week.
Mai Ao
Senior Technical Lead of SideFX Labs
youtube.com/@notverydarkmagic
75 posts
MaiAo
Have you tried Labs Unreal Groom Export SOP? It's new. Came out last week.
is there a reference file for this? I tried exporting with the unreal groom for UE5preview1 but I have to reimport and translate before exporting another ABC to make it import aligned correctly to the fbx in UE5. If I try to use UE5's import rotation it doesn't update, and if I use the translation in the UEgroom export, it looks like it's not rotating correctly. I'm also not sure how to properly pipe in the groom from the guides. I can get it in and match the fbx 1:1 if all the hair is guides though.

houdini 19.0.547
with labs 19.0.531
Edited by Sirvoxelot - March 4, 2022 01:22:12

Attachments:
Pig groom to UE5.hiplc (896.8 KB)

75 posts
oh nevermind,maybe it was an update, but now when i export the groom into UE, it seems like it imports fine with guides and strands, but it seems like the strands actually shifts position a bit
1 posts
Hello guys! Please can you help with attribute groom_closest_guides, groom_guide_weights? How correctly export this attribute into Unreal (*.abc)?
  • Quick Links