How to export groom attributes to Unreal?

2563   4   1
2 posts
Hello everyone!

Does anybody know how to export these two attribute with guides,when you export groom to Unreal?
  1. groom_closest_guides
  2. groom_guide_weights

I know it's not necessary, but I'd like to know how to make it work.

edit:
I guess groom_closest_guides = Influence Radius, groom_guide_weights = Influence Decay.
am I right?
Edited by Under_Pressure - Jan. 20, 2022 02:04:18

Attachments:
Snipaste_2022-01-20_14-32-35.png (14.7 KB)

2 posts
I also tried to export groom attribute 'uv'('groom_root_uv' in unreal) through + or as different combinations to unreal.

it's not working at all.
Staff
90 posts
Under_Pressure
I also tried to export groom attribute 'uv'('groom_root_uv' in unreal) through + or as different combinations to unreal.

it's not working at all.

Have you tried Labs Unreal Groom Export SOP? It's new. Came out last week.
Mai Ao
Lead of SideFX Labs
twitter.com/aomai01
72 posts
MaiAo
Have you tried Labs Unreal Groom Export SOP? It's new. Came out last week.
is there a reference file for this? I tried exporting with the unreal groom for UE5preview1 but I have to reimport and translate before exporting another ABC to make it import aligned correctly to the fbx in UE5. If I try to use UE5's import rotation it doesn't update, and if I use the translation in the UEgroom export, it looks like it's not rotating correctly. I'm also not sure how to properly pipe in the groom from the guides. I can get it in and match the fbx 1:1 if all the hair is guides though.

houdini 19.0.547
with labs 19.0.531
Edited by Sirvoxelot - March 4, 2022 01:22:12

Attachments:
Pig groom to UE5.hiplc (896.8 KB)

72 posts
oh nevermind,maybe it was an update, but now when i export the groom into UE, it seems like it imports fine with guides and strands, but it seems like the strands actually shifts position a bit
  • Quick Links