Xgen to Houdini groom

4623   5   1
30 posts
I imported my xgen descriptions as alembic curves to houdini and i'm trying to use these curves for the simulation. I did select the Use external Geometry in the guide groom node's basic tab but they are not doing what i want them to do. I basically want to simulate this curves from my t pose character to animated character. How can i do it?

Attachments:
{5C9261FB-4E22-4BE2-B81E-96727968DABD}.png (200.5 KB)

22 posts
update to 19.498, that'll fix it
8 posts
请问下,为何这边xgen只能一起导出groom和guide组合的abc,而且houdini并不能读取到guide线,只有一坨最终毛发的线。但是导入到UE5是可以读取引导线作为groom cache的,求解

Attachments:
Snipaste_2023-04-07_11-38-03.png (464.8 KB)

54 posts
Johnson Chan
请问下,为何这边xgen只能一起导出groom和guide组合的abc,而且houdini并不能读取到guide线,只有一坨最终毛发的线。但是导入到UE5是可以读取引导线作为groom cache的,求解
What is the weird characters?
Edited by ifree - April 7, 2023 00:28:22
8 posts
ifree
Johnson Chan
It is just a test groom alembic which is not important.
8 posts
ifree
Johnson Chan
ifree
Johnson Chan
sorry,I mean, xgen export the groom abc with guides which UE5 can read the guides from,but when I import the abc to houdini 19,the alembic node didn't recognize the guides, it just shows the final xgen groom curves, without the guides.
  • Quick Links