how do multishot setup

2653   4   1
98 posts
Hi, i'm trying to use more cameras with the switch node but when i try to switch from the one to another one nothing happen,if i have for instance camera1 and camera2 when i use the switch to go in camera1 from camera 2 instead i'll go inside presp
61 posts
There's a nice section in the 18.5 launch keynote that talks about how to set up multi shot with context options:

https://youtu.be/zMrvCWy85xM?t=3425 [youtu.be]
Grant Miller
VFX Supervisor
Ingenuity Studios
342 posts
Ive found the dumb easy way of doing this (or a few ways actually.)

one way: basically do the switcher to switch between cameras, and then after the switcher set a render settings lop that is set to pick your camera. in here you can set it to just pick "/cameras/*" as your render camera. this way it will just grab whatever camera is made available by the switcher. note however that this only really works if it is only able to pick one possible camera, so if you have more cameras up the chain it may not work.

another way: don't use a switcher and instead use a render settings node, and then just keyframe the selected camera. you can keyframe it to swtich from "/cameras/SHOTCAM_001" to "/cameras/SHOTCAM_002" for example.

i would also note that if you do this camera switcher setup and you plug the switcher into your scene as a sublayer without anything plugged into those cameras it will be slow. however if you plug all of the cameras into the rest of the scene above it, for some reason this is much faster. alternatively if you just use the second method i described without the switcher, that is also super fast.
Edited by ChristopherRutledge - Aug. 10, 2022 14:56:00
http://www.christophers.website
8551 posts
if you make sure all your camera nodes output to the same prim path then switching should not kick you out of the viewport camera as it will able to find camera always under the same path
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
98 posts
thanks tamte with the same path work
  • Quick Links