Submit 1 task per work item to deadline.

1056   3   0
7 posts
Is there a way to submit one deadline task/frame per work item?
Whatever I do there is just one task on deadline when i submit.
11 posts
salrobert
Is there a way to submit one deadline task/frame per work item?
Whatever I do there is just one task on deadline when i submit.

Can you send a screenshot of your PDG ROP? (The fetch or whatever node is responsible for the tasks you are putting on the farm). The frames and batching tab is usually the solution to this problem - if it's the first node in your graph then it needs to be set to frame range, if it's not then it can be set to single frame. If you have all frames in one batch ticked then that would also combine them all into a single task. I would enable the local scheduler and make sure it is working correctly locally / that you have the correct number of task items propagate when you right click > generate.
7 posts
Here is the topnet, there is no ROP. It just call's husk to render a frame with 25 tiles.
Works locally.

Cant find any tabs for batching or frames.

Just want deadline to make all the work items separate frames on deadline, the whole point is to render a 4k image via husk with 2-4 render nodes.
Edited by salrobert - Nov. 17, 2023 13:26:46

Attachments:
image_2023-11-17_192151569.png (105.6 KB)

Staff
586 posts
How are you cooking your graph? If you're pressing the Submit button on the Deadline scheduler, that submits your entire scene file as job to the farm. If you want to cook interactively you should first set your Deadline scheduler as the default, which you can do by Right-mouse clicking on it and finding the option in the list. Then you can cook normally by using Shift+G on RMB->Cook Node on your output node.
  • Quick Links