Intel denoiser on M1 and feedback on bug submission

718   3   1
18 posts
Hi,

I submitted a bug today because anytime I enable the Intel denoiser on Apple Silicon (Mac M1), Houdini crashes.

Support came back with this comment "Unfortunately the M1 chip cannot support the Intel Denoiser."

That is not right, Arnold and Redshift support the Intel Denoiser on Apple Silicon (M1) and https://www.openimagedenoise.org [www.openimagedenoise.org] mention it is supported.
I opened up another ticket mentioning the MPlay button does not do anything in the Karma ROP and was asked some basic questions which led me to believe the support team did not take the time to even try if it was working for them.

This is one of the reason I do not like submitting bug reports, it's ending up generating a lot of unnecessary back and forth.

Thanks
Staff
467 posts
Hi JD, I think support was confused with the Optix Denoiser.

I'm able to reproduce the crash locally, so I've asked support to take another look.

Sorry about this.
105 posts
jd_m_007
Hi,

I submitted a bug today because anytime I enable the Intel denoiser on Apple Silicon (Mac M1), Houdini crashes.

Support came back with this comment "Unfortunately the M1 chip cannot support the Intel Denoiser."

That is not right, Arnold and Redshift support the Intel Denoiser on Apple Silicon (M1) and https://www.openimagedenoise.org [www.openimagedenoise.org] mention it is supported.
I opened up another ticket mentioning the MPlay button does not do anything in the Karma ROP and was asked some basic questions which led me to believe the support team did not take the time to even try if it was working for them.

This is one of the reason I do not like submitting bug reports, it's ending up generating a lot of unnecessary back and forth.

Thanks

Did you check if Aldebo pass is activated, just try on my M2 and with Albedo checked it works
- David
Staff
467 posts
This has been fixed in 20.0.541.
  • Quick Links