Intel Open Image Denoise 2.1.0

677   2   1
288 posts
A bit of a random one, but I just noticed in arnold renders change log, that they updated the intel denoiser to get access to their gpu based denoiser instead of the post render cpu version, which I believe we still use in Karma?

Anyway, I'm sure this is already on Sidefx' radar but if for some reason not, I just want to point out it exists and of course would be lovely to see in one of the daily builds soon.

GPU denoising in Intel Open Image Denoise: The Intel denoiser was upgraded from version 1.4.1 to 2.1.0, which brings real-time denoising through NVIDIA and Intel GPU support. (ARNOLD-12547)

If it makes sense to do a proper RFE for this I will but I suspect this is known info and that it would be overkill?

anyway, nice to see the tech improve.
https://www.thomaskchristensen.com [www.thomaskchristensen.com]
604 posts
Yup, I peeped this as well - there's also a multi-session GPU render feature in this Arnold release. I'm currently installing it to see if it works with the new H20 Clone feature (which would be freakin awesome!).
Houdini Indie
Karma/Redshift 3D
604 posts
Doesnt look like this will work - Autodesk Licensing see's the Clones as *new* license pulls - so, it rejects the clone render attempts.

This will probably need an RFE to Autodesk to allow support for multi-session rendering on GPU with H20 Clones.

edit: Hmm...maybe TOPs will work - since the render is from the same process and not an external process (Clone).
Edited by TwinSnakes007 - Dec. 14, 2023 17:07:15
Houdini Indie
Karma/Redshift 3D
  • Quick Links